Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Busy Days!

  I've been so busy the past few days that I didn't have a second to be here.  Now I'm very happy to have a second!  Sunday of course was Mother's day, which was a very difficult day for my husband and I.
  My husband lost his mother last August, I was very close to her also (she always told me I was the daughter she never had!).  His first Mother's day that he wasn't able to talk to his mother or give her a gift was extremely tough on him!
  I lost my grandmother, who I was extremely close to 3 1/2 months ago, I always sent her something on Mother's day, and it was difficult not being able to talk to her also.  I am always grateful to have both my parents, but on Sunday I was especially grateful to have my mother to talk to.  As  I told my husband on Sunday "we've got to remember to be grateful for the people we still have around us and not dwell on the people we've lost".  Easier said than done, I know but I did get the response of "you're right " out of him!
My husband then took me out to a fancy italian restaurant (white tablecloths etc.... the whole shabang!) for my Mother's day gift.  So all in all, Mother's day was a tough but good day!
  Monday was spent reorganizing my entire kitchen!  I had received some of my mother inlaw's small appliances, her full set of wine glasses and glass dessert bowls, some of her silverware, cutting boards, tupperware etc..  So naturally I had to find space for everything!  OMG!  I really didn't realize just how much stuff I had stuffed in my cabinets!  I swear it multiplied!  Anyway, now my cabinets look much better.
  Today was a vey stormy day, and our power was off and on all day, very frustrating when your trying to vacuum, and also having to reset clocks each time!  AGH!  Well, I'll see what Wednesday brings!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law. I remember for months after my husband's mom died he would have the urge to call her about some little thing (advice on a recipe, tell her about something our son did, etc.) then remember she was gone. I still have my mom (dad died about 5 years ago) but I miss my mother-in-law very much.

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all