Thursday, June 25, 2009

Little moments: Smiles & Chocolate chip cookies.


Hello, this is my first blog, my "icebreaker" of sorts. The best "icebreaker" combination I have found that always works for me is a "warm smile and my grandmother's homemade chocolate chip cookies." First of all I do believe that smiles are contagious. You smile at somebody and you are usually going to get a smile in return. Cookies also usually bring a smile to people's faces also. My first day at any job I've had, I bring in a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies as a nice warm "hello" and "icebreaker", this combination has always brought smiles to my new coworker's faces, lets everyone's guard down, and has always just been a very warm, nice introduction!


So, along with my first blog, I am including my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Bake up a batch and share them with others and watch the smiles develop on their faces! Enjoy!


Grandma's Chocolate Chip cookies:



3 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup light brown sugar

3 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 (12oz) package semisweet chocolate pieces

a pinch of cinnamon


Preheat oven 350 F degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder and slat in a large bowl; set aside. Combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large boowl. Beat with an electric mixer (high speed works best) until light and fluffy, slowly beat in eggs. Stir in vanilla.


Slowly add the flour mixture, blend ing well after each addition, fold in chocolate pieces and pinch of cinnamon.


Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly with the back of a fork. Bake cookies until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all