Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunny weather, winter thoughts.


For the past few days we have had absolutely beautiful "spring like" weather. Sunny and low 60's is very rare for Ohio in November. Even with this lovely weather, my mind is already thinking "winter thoughts". I am already making plans for Thanksgiving ( my husband has to work the day after Thanksgiving, so going away for Thanksgiving is definitely out of the question!) and both our families are far away, so this takes some planning. As of today, I have started to make Christmas gifts ( yes I am doing handmade Christmas gifts this year), I think they're more personal and I have the ideas and the time, so "what the heck!?". I do dread the thought of having to put in storm windows, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably have to do it by the end of this week! Agh!
But again, there are things I love about winter. I love the first snow of the season, the sight of snowmen on front lawns and getting into "snowball wars" with the kids next door! I love snuggling up in my husband's arms while watching movies at night. I enjoy sipping my homemade hot chocolate while reading a good book, and chasing our pugs around in the snow in our back yard (they love it!).
So, while I am sad to see this wonderful weather leave us, I am getting ready for the "Winter Wonderland" that we will soon be living in for the next 4 or 5 months. I am ready, so "bring it on!"

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all