Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Slice of "heaven"

San Francisco & Northern California (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE)  Right now I'm enjoying a slice of "heaven".  I'm not enjoying a slice of pie or pizza as many might think.  No, my slice of "heaven" is a nice slice of one of my favorite foods, and that is San Francisco Sourdough bread!  I love it!
  I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and lived there up until I got married 8 1/2 years ago.  Ever since I moved here to the midwest, my mother has sent me a loaf of San Francisco Sourdough bread about every other week.  To me there is no other bread like it!
  One bite can transport me back to the days when my parents took my brother and I to Fisherman's Wharf where we'd eat sourdough deli sandwiches while we walked along the shore of the bay.  Sourdough bread, among other things was one of the things I really missed when I moved away.  I could not find Sourdough bread here, so my mother started shipping it to me.  Everytime I receive a loaf, I feel like I receive a piece of "home".  Crazy how certain things can spark feelings or memories!

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all