Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Strange things are happening!

  Strange things are happening around our house lately!  My grandma passed away this past January 23rd in California.  I was extremely close to my grandma, I called her and my grandpa at least once a week without fail, and saw them at least once a week before I moved to the Midwest.  I spent most of the last 2 weeks of her life by her bedside, I returned home 4 days before she died (she did not want a funeral), the last day I saw her was the last day she was awake, and she knew who I was (she suffered from Dementia), I feel like in way she was waiting for me.  The last thing I said to her was "I love you Grandma" and gave her a big hug and kiss on her cheek.  I looked at my Grandma's face, and she had tears rolling down her cheeks.  My Grandma looked at me and said "I love you too".  "I love you too" were the last words I heard from my Grandma!  I couldn't have asked for more!
  The strange things that are happening, started after her death.  It was very early in the morning one day when I heard her voice.  I woke up so startled that I woke my husband!  I could swear I heard my Grandma say my name into my ear so clearly, like she was standing right next to me!  It was a weird feeling that both startled and soothed me at the same time. 
  A few days later, I was looking through a desk drawer and found a photo of my Grandma and me and realized it was the last photo we ever took together!  Later that same day I found some Christmas cards that my husband had just "stuffed somewhere" instead of throwing them away last Christmas, and one of them was signed by my Grandma and Grandpa (that's definitely a keeper!)
  Another thing is that it seems everytime I turn around I see things dated with her birthday like, documents, used checks, old receipts etc...These all feel strange o me.
  The strangest thing is, my Grandma's favorite flower was "Forget me nots".  We've lived in our house for almost 7 years and have never had flowers in our backyard, just grass and a tall bush.  This past weekend I was in the backyard, and saw something that made my jaw drop and brought tears to my eyes!  We have a whole bunch of "Forget me nots" growing all along the bottom of the back wall of our house!!
  I told you strange things are happening! 

  What do you think?




Forget Me Not
Forget me not, for I am there
In the beat of your heart,
On the wing of your prayer.

Forgive me my parting and leaving you thus,
A joyous reunion is waiting for us!

Continue to strive toward your goal and be brave.
Know that my love didn't stop at the grave.

My spirit is with you through good times and bad.
I share all the joys and the sorrows you've had.

Feel my presence within your next breath
And realize there's no distance in death.

Ask for my help and I'll answer your call.
Reach for my hand when you stumble and fall.

Run the last mile with a smile on your face.
My arms will be waiting when you finish the race.

Always remember, my love is right there
In the beat of your heart,
On the wing of your prayer.


~© Linda Shelburn Reagan~

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all