Sunday, April 4, 2010

Things i love/ Favorite Things: Flying/Airplanes

Flight Sim X-Gold
For as long as I can remember, I've always been fascinated with airplanes and flying! My grandfather was a navy pilot during WWII(he retired as a Naval Officer in the 1950's), so I guess it's in my genes. I always loved watching planes takeoff and land. Boarding a plane and flying somewhere always excites me!
When I worked for a major airline, I felt like I was in my element. I took advantage of my free flight perks often! I used to sit outside on my breaks and watch flights land and taxi to their gates. When I worked at the boarding gate counter, I would often walk down the "jetway" after the passengers got off the airplane, sit in the empty airplane while talking with the flight crew.
Flying interested me so much that I took flying lessons for a period of time until I could no longer afford it!
I get "goosebumps" whenever my husband and I go to an airshow! The last time we went to one he surprised me, by buying me a ride on one of the planes on display! It was awesome!
I always tell my husband that if we ever win the lottery, we're buying our own private jet and I'm getting my pilots license! That's when he tells me "don't hold your breathe!" 
  I've always had this burning desire to fly and I know I will fly again.

2 comments:

Barb said...

My dad owned several planes when I was growing up (one at a time!). His last was a twin engine King Air. I think it disappointed him that none of us wanted to learn to fly. I liked flying with him but was always doped up on dramamine so I wouldn't puke! Anyway, he spent any inheritance we might have gotten on those planes and their upkeep. But he had fun doing it! :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

My hubby lost his pilot's license over a small incident years ago - he keeps talking about getting it again, and I wish he would because I love being up in the air! ;)

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all