Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love and Loss

Hi, I'm finally back! It's fall now, and I've been getting my house ready for fall, especially Halloween! I am glad summer is over and I hope my family has a much better fall and winter than our summer was! On August 14th, my husband's mother passed away after a long battle with Lupus(that combined with a massive heart attack last April that weakend her heart). My husband Jason and his brother Joe lost their mother and I lost my mother inlaw. Her name was Cheryl, she was a sister, mother, mother inlaw,she was a best friend to many. Everyone close to her, spent many hours each day at the hopsital at her bedside. We playedgames with, made her laugh, made her as comfortable as possible, and let her know that she was loved many times a day. She raised two wonderful sons, and always made me feel loved and a part of the family. She called me "the daughter she never had". She is truly missed! Below is a poem I want to dedicate to her. Cheryl, I know you are watching over us from heaven, and I hope you like the poem. We miss you, and we love you eternally!



Mom, we miss you so very much
everyday;
And not just then, but every minute,
Since you went away.


You were the center of our lives
Before your soul passed on;
It’s just so hard for us to believe
That you are really gone.


But we celebrate the life you lived
And all the things you gave us;
Our wonderful memories, Mom, of you
Are the things that will comfort and save us.


Please think of us, as we think of you
With hearts so full of love;
We’re looking up at you, sweet Mom,
As you look at us from above.




No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all