Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another resolution: Continue "page turning"

One thing that was a common sight during my childhood was that of my mother reading a book. My mother was and still is a voracious reader. She would spend many weekend and vacation days lying in the California sun reading. At night while my dad, older brother and I watched T.V, you could find her curled up on couch reading. She is the only person I know of that actually brings a book to read when at a major league baseball game! My mom recently told me she normally finishes a book in a week. I don't read as much as I should (even though I do enjoy reading)I always seem to find an excuse for not reading such as "don't have time" etc... at my age, my mother was a married woman with 2 kids and a full time job outside the home. What I admire was that she either found or made time to do something that she loves! Well no more excuses for me! So here I go!
 
In a recent post I mentioned one resolution I made around New Years to become more disciplined. One of my other resolutions is to read more. Towards the end of 2009, I was going to get a jump start on this resolution. I friend of mine invited me to join her book club! I immediately accepted and read the book they were currently reading which was "The secret lives of Bees". The book club would meet at a different member's house once a month to discuss the current book, and a different member would then chose the next book and so on.... The club was a lot of fun, but around the holidays everyone got busy and the club "feel apart". I didn't read anything in January and February (shame on me). This week I started a book called "Carry me home" by Sandra Kring, I'm about 1/4 the way through it, very good story, I will not reveal any details until I'm done.
I thought it would be kind of fun to start my own little book club here. I will keep my blog updated as to which book I'm reading. When I'm done with the book I will discuss it in my post. If anyone wants to read along with me, "the more the merrier!"

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all