Monday, March 15, 2010

Rainy day and comfort food

When I was working full time (feels like a million years ago), I worked for a worldwide corporation. My "office" was my cubicle, my computer and phone were my "lifelines" and I spent about 90% of my time on them. I enjoyed my co-workers around me, we were and still are like a family. Whenever it was a rainy day, most of us would talk about how it was one of those days where you just wanted "to stay home in your pj's, relax with your feet up, eat your favorite food and watch old movies".
The funny thing is that, since I haven't been working and obviously have more free time, I've never actually done it! Well, as they say "there's a first time for everything". Last night I started soaking a bag of split peas. This morning's order of business was making my favorite soup, as you probably guessed, it's Split pea soup! Yummy! There's nothing like homemade split pea soup to me! 
Homemade French onion soup is also a favorite so if anyone has any, you can pass a bowl my way please! Oh yes, and one of the corn muffins I made to go with the chili we had for dinner last night! Oh, and I can't pass up a glass of red wine either. Perfect!
Pj's on: yes
Comfort food: yes
Feet up on couch: yes
Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn movie: yes
Rainy day & comfort: Definitely yes!

2 comments:

julochka said...

i spend most of the day in my pajamas of late, but that's all going to change soon. :-( i'm trying to enjoy it while i can! :-) you should too! oh, and i'll take a glass of red as well.

Mandy said...

Ha! I have a cold and made it to work Tuesday and Wednesday before finally deciding enough is enough! I'm in bed, in PJs right now! Comforting indeed... I have ordered Tandoori take away too.

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all