Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wearing my "title" again.

How to Be a Domestic Goddess: The Lost Art of Domestic Perfection Last week I gave myself the title of "Domestic Goddess". Well today I must dust the title off and wear it again. Once I eat my breakfast and finish sipping my coffee, I'll get my "rear in gear". With my trusty new steam mop in one hand and duster in the other, the "Domestic Goddess/ super cleaner" will once again reign! Dust and muddy paw prints be gone! It's amazing what the combination of rain and 2 dogs can do to your floors in a short time!
I must don the title again today because we are having company tonight. I do have one challenge though. Yes, our house will be cleaner. But, what do you do when you're going to have company and your husband waits until the night before your guest comes over to finally rip up the seventies style, god awful, brown and yellow carpet in your family room? We've been in this house for 8 1/2 years. I have wanted the carpet out ever since we moved in! Now, I think he could have waited at least one more night (he already waited 8 1/2 years! So whats one more night?!)oh boy!
Now instead of the tacky carpet, we have a gorgeous, cold, stained (from past "puppy accidents"),plywood floor in our family room! I don't think even my steam mop can transform it! I know our friend will just have a laugh and make a quick witted jab at my husband's expense about it, and that's fine, and even welcomed! I love my husband, but I don't love his timing! lol!
For now I'll tell myself that plywood is the "latest thing" in flooring and get my "Goddess" groove on!

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all