Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday bash

 
   There are times in life when you're surrounded by people that you know would do anything for you, and you would do anything for them.  I mean you get that "warm and fuzzy" feeling when you are within the circle of your absolute closest friends and their spouses.  You know, like a "second family".
  Well, one of our very closest friends had their 50th birthday last Friday, and our friends Marc and Monice graciously offered to host an intimate birthday party for him!
  Our friend that just turned 50 (he doesn't look a day older than 30!) has the last name of "Berger" so that what he is called, everyone just calls him "Berger".
   Berger is the kind of friend that would do anything for you.  This is just an example of what kind of e friend Berger is:  Last year we suffered a miscarriage in the 4th month of pregnancy.  We were devastated!  My husband and I received many thoughts of sympathy and hugs that were comforting.  About a week after the miscarriage, I was home alone and got a phone call.  It was Berger, and he wanted to see if I was home.  About 10 minutes after the call, the doorbell rang.  At the door was Berger holding a large bouquet of flowers in one hand and a huge gift basket in the other!  I was both shocked and touched, I instantly got tears in my eyes!  I quickly invited him inside and said "thank you, you didn't have to do this", Berger replied "you're welcome, I wanted to cheer you up and I'm taking you for Chinese food for lunch!"  Berger took me to a great Chinese restaurant, and we talked about nonmiscarriage related things, it was a great little "escape".  The flowers were beautiful and the basket was a "spa" basket, it had a bottle of wine, a pair of satin slippers, facial mask, bubble bath, bath salts, foot and hand soaks, even a suede covered diary!  It meant a lot to my husband and I that he took time out of his day to do that for me.
  For Berger's 50th bithday bash I wanted to make something special for him (it was the least I could do).  Berger was going to have an ordinary birthday cake, since he is an "extraordinary" friend to us, he deserved an extraordinary cake!  One of Berger's favorite foods is a cheeseburger, so I made him a "giant cheeseburger" cake!
  To my surprise, my "cheeseburger" cake turned out fine, actually looked like a cheeseburger!  The cake was a hit with everyone, but most importantly I loved the smile it put on Berger's face!  He absolutely loved it!  Berger had tears in his eyes!

1 comment:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That is such a COOL cake! I love it! Berger sounds like a very cool friend. :)

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all