Friday, June 25, 2010

Conveniences


  The husband and I just returned from a nice long vacation in Texas.  I know, Texas of all places?  Well we always like to pick places we've never been before for vacation.  We've been to Texas before but not to the Houston area.  We stayed about 45 minutes outside of Houston.  We had a condo on the shore of Lake Conroe.  The lake was beautiful, and we had an awesome swimming pool right off the lake (each night we watched boats sail by while relaing in the pool under the bright stars in the Texas sky)!  It was very relaxing and the perfect opportunity for us to reconnect with each other.
  The condo we stayed in was big but did not have any up to date conveniences.  I mean no DVD player, only basic cable (very basic, only got local programming which was fine to me), no stereo, no internet, which meant my husband lugged a laptop around two airports for nothing ( no internet didn't bother me either), no microwave (I only use ours for heating up water for tea anyway, so no big deal).  One inconvenience I could have definitely done without the first day was the "griping husband".  My husband just didn't know what he was going to do with being able to watch a DVD at night or watching ESPN, or without access to the internet so he could check on his fantasy baseball team!  He sounded like the world was conimg to an end!!  I kept telling him that "people lived for 100's of years without those things and survived just fine, so stop complaining!"  The only conveniences I cared about we had, and those were air conditioning and a washer and dryer in the condo, that's all I needed!  We had a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath air conditioned condo to ourselves for a little over a week!  Can't complain!
  Hearing my husband caomplain, got me thinking.  I asked myself who would survive better without modern conveniences?  Me or him?  I definitely believe it would be me, after all my husband called me when I was in California visiting my dying grandmother because he didn't know how to make instant oatmeal for himself, or work the stove.  Ya, I think I would win!

No comments:

More cool stuff

Visits from my friends

Powered By Blogger

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Layout for all